Saturday, October 13, 2012

Apologia's Exploring Creation with Astronomy Including Free Tests



Exploring Creation With Astronomy (Young Explorer Series)Once again I have to sing the praises of Apologia's Exploring Creation series.  This time I thought I would talk about Exploring Creation with Astronomy.  My kids learned so much and loved doing the experiments.  We even made a scale model of the planets from clay and paper mache balloons that are still hanging up in our classroom two years later.

There was only one issue I had with the book and that was there was not enough about the planet Earth.  There is only one chapter on the "perfect planet" (Earth) and I felt more could have been covered.  What about rocks and minerals, atmosphere and weather, oceans, Earth's crust, etc.?  And so I incorporated other books.

Here is a list of the books I used:
Super Science Activities: Stars and Planets
Super Science Activities: Rock and Minerals
Super Science Activities: Weather
The Kingfisher Science Encyclopedia
World Book's Young Scientist: Planet Earth

For most of the readings I had my 2nd grader use the World Book's Young Scientist and my 4th grader read out of The Kingfisher Science Encyclopedia.  

Here is a link to the schedule for Exploring Creation with Astronomy which also includes the questions for each lesson.  The schedule covers a 36 week school year.  Usually I gave a test on a Friday and I wrote those myself.  I have listed all the tests below if you are interested.  I do not have the answers, but I think you can figure them out without too much trouble.  








24 comments:

  1. thank you so much! this will be a huge help to us! :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you will be able to use them. Have a wonderful school year and blessings to you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ReNae, just tried to download your Venus material, 404 File Not Found on that one, and all the other links too. Is this stuff no longer available?

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for creating and sharing your tests! I was dreading having to make my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it and I hope they work for you. Have a wonderful school year.

      Delete
  4. Excellent tests. We are using them this year and they are working out very well indeed. Thank you for putting them together and taking the time to post them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments Mark. Glad I could help.

      Delete
  5. This is great! Thanks so much for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they work for you. My only worry is I have been finding mistakes in my zoology tests and if you find any in these let me know.

      Delete
  6. Hmm, I had a comment and it dissappeared! So anyway, like I had said before... I just happened to stumble across your tests for Apologia Astronomy and I'm so thankful! You have just saved me an entire Saturday afternoon of coming up with my own! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the kind comment. Sorry I am late responding, but my blog has been sent to the back burner as we recently had a baby. I hope the tests work well for you and I have noticed some errors here and there, but we have a saying in our home "You get what you pay for!" Have a wonderful day and someday I hope to fix the errors in the tests.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason I can't open the test documents on my iPad. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry my reply is so late in coming. I just noticed your question. I used open office and so maybe that is not compatible with apple products. Sorry for the inconvenience.

      Delete
  9. Was just about to create tests and found yours. Thanks SO much for creating these. Will be super helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay. Glad I can help. I have noticed a few errors and hopefully they will not cause issues for you. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! I'm so glad to find these tests! I was about create them myself and thought I'd do a search! You've saved me some time! Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i tried clicking on the link but they are no longer available. is there anyway you can make them available again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy - I do apologize for just noticing this. I have not been active as you can tell on my blog for years. I just updated the links for the astronomy tests and hope this corrects the issue.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so very much ReNae!

      Delete
  15. Are these tests still available somewhere? I'd really love to look at them for possible use with my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aubrey - I am extremely sorry for just noticing your question. I have updated the links. Hopefully they work for you now.

      Delete
  16. Did anyone write up an answer key as you were using this?

    ReplyDelete