Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Stuffed Crust Pizza

Many months ago I decided to make pizza and I had a few cheese sticks on hand and thought I would try to make a stuffed crust pizza.  I quickly whipped up a batch of my home made Pizza Crust.  I used my caste iron pan as I love how the crust gets nice and golden.



First, I liberally greased the pan with oil and then patted the dough in making sure I had quite a bit going up the side of the pan.  Because I am super frugal, or as others call me - cheap,  I divided the cheese sticks up before rolling them into the dough.


This is what it looked like with all the cheese nicely encased in the dough.


I always like to bake my crust a bit before adding the toppings.  This way it never gets soggy when I add the pizza sauce.

Sorry about the bad lighting in the following pictures.

Some of my favorite toppings are freshly cut green onions, diced tomatoes and green peppers from the garden, mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage and bacon.  And of course tons of cheese.



And here is the finished product.


As you can see, the cheese in the crust wasn't extremely gooey and so next time I may not be such a tightwad and use whole sticks of cheese instead of dividing them up.  But, man did this taste good!

Notice how I took a bite before snapping a photo.
I have not self control!

No comments:

Post a Comment