Tuesday, December 3, 2013

$50 Per Week Grocery Challenge: Week #35 and #36

How Much Did I Spend For Weeks #35?

This week I spent $47.43.  Most of it was spent on our addiction to coffee and our families sweet tooth.


Here is the breakdown for Week #35

Meat:  None

Fruit and Vegetables:  Bananas - $1.36, Celery - $.77

Dairy:  4 Gallons of Milk - $3.70 each

Misc.:  25 lbs of Sugar - $12.58, 3 Cans of Folgers Classic Roast - $5.97 each


How Much Did I Spend For Weeks #36?

I spent quite a bit this week - $71.38.  Even though I went over the $50 I put aside for the week I am still doing quite well with my challenge.  I have almost $200 left from the past 36 weeks.


Here is the breakdown for Week #36

Meat:  None

Fruit and Vegetables:  4 Jars of Black and Green Olives - $.68 each, 9.27 lbs of Yams - $4.45, Celery - Free, Carrots - Free, 3 Packages of Coleslaw - $.97 each, 4 Packages of Frozen Vegis - $.68 each

Dairy:  4 Packages of Cream Cheese - $.97 each, 2 lbs Butter - $1.48 each, 3 Gallons of Milk - $3.73 each

Misc.:  Mayonnaise - $2.18, 2 Cans of Folgers Coffee - $5.98 each, 4 Bags of Brown Sugar and Powdered Sugar - $1.18 each, 4 Jars of Grape Jelly - $1.93 each (but I had a coupon for by 4 and get $3.00 off), 2 Packs of 24 cans of Coke - $9.98, 4 Boxes of Pasta - $4.88 (plus I had a coupon for another one free), Free Marshmallows, 2 Cool Whips - $.68 each


Meals we had this week:

Breakfast:  Homemade GranolaHomemade Grape Nuts, Oatmeal, Malt-O-Meal, Waffles or Toast.

Dinner:  Leftovers from supper or Sandwiches from my Freshly Ground Whole Wheat Bread and Yogurt

Supper:  

Sunday - Popcorn Night

Monday - Clam Chowder

Tuesday - Spaghetti and Meatballs

Wednesday - Beef Stew

Thursday - Swedish Meatballs with Noodles and Corn

Friday - I can't remember

Saturday - Again, I didn't write it down and now I am unable to recall what we had.

Sunday - Popcorn Night

Monday - Pot Roast, Potatoes and Vegis

Tuesday - Chicken Soup with Dumplings

Wednesday - Samurai Sams

Thursday - Thanksgiving:  Too full to make anything for supper

Friday - Left overs

Saturday -



Desserts: 
Banana Bread

Homemade butterfingers (made with candy corn and peanut butter).  They surprisingly tasted very much like the real thing.  I melted 1 lb candy corn in the microwave (it never did get gooey - so don't over cook) and then added 1 1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter.  Mixed like mad and then patted it into an 8x8 pan.  Chilled and topped with melted chocolate chips.  It didn't last a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment