Monday, November 18, 2013

$50 Per Week Grocery Challenge - Week #33 & #34

How Much Did I Spend For Weeks #33 & 34?

Once again, I let time slip by and so I had to combine two weeks of my challenge into one post. Our house finally sold, but we are still waiting for the appraisal and I am quite literally living out of boxes in our new home with no furniture to speak of (we left much of our furniture in our old home to stage it).  Our kitchen is a work in progress and there are days where I am unable to use it due to plumbers turning off my water, cabinets being hung and now today my counter-top has been installed.  With my life in a bit of a chaotic spin, I have misplaced one of my receipts.  I went to Sams Club and spent $35.11 on milk, cheese, bananas, buttermilk and butter for week #33.  Week #34 I went to two stores and spent $46.70.  Most of the food was for our early Thanksgiving meal and I was in charge of the appetizers.  I made a cheesy apply dip and olive bread.  I should have taken pictures as they are interesting dishes, but taste amazing.


Here is the breakdown for Week #34

Meat:  None

Fruit and Vegetables:  3 Bags of Red Potatoes: $1.88 each, Apples at $.98/lb:  $5.38, Green Onions:  $1.15, 1 Jar Green Olives: $2.24, 1 Can Black Olives: $1.42, Apples for $.97/lb: $1.47

Dairy:  2 Gallons of Milk:  $3.80, 2 lbs Monterrey Jack Cheese: $8.28, Sour Cream: $2.00

Misc.:  Swiss Miss Cocoa Mix:  $5.98, 2 Loaves of French Bread:  $1.68 each, Generic Wheat Thins: $2.18



Meals we had this week:

Breakfast:  Homemade GranolaHomemade Grape Nuts, Oatmeal, Malt-O-Meal, Waffles or Toast.

Dinner:  Leftovers from supper or Sandwiches from my Freshly Ground Whole Wheat Bread and Yogurt

Supper:  

Sunday - Leftovers and Sandwiches

Monday - Pizza and Minestrone Soup

Tuesday - White Chili and Corn Bread

Wednesday - Southwestern Hamburger and Cornbread Skillet

Thursday - Sandwiches

Friday - Pizza Hut (the two youngest earned their free personal pan pizza through the Book It program and so we also purchased a $10 pizza combo for the rest of the family.  I forgot how buttery the crust and yummy Pizza Hut pizza is!)

Saturday - Samurai Sams Chicken

Sunday - Sandwiches

Monday - Spaghetti

Tuesday - Chicken and Dumpling Soup

Wednesday - Sweet and Sour Chicken and Fried Rice (I love this sweet and sour chicken recipe, but I make my own fried rice)

Thursday - Mac and Cheese with Hamburger

Friday - McDonalds (on the road to Grandma and Grandpas for an early Thanksgiving)

Saturday - An Early Thanksgiving Meal



Desserts: 
Rhubarb Dream Dessert, DeeDee's Brownies (twice)



No comments:

Post a Comment