Tuesday, January 14, 2014

$50 Per Week Grocery Challenge: #41 & #42

How Much Did I Spend For Weeks #41?

This was a slow week: no meat sales and really not a sale on anything, so I only spent $14.71.  I was craving nachos and so splurged on a couple of avocados (wished I lived in Hawaii and had an avocado tree).  Other than that I hunkered down in our warm home and stayed out of the 20+ below weather.  Sometimes I wonder why we live in this area?


Here is the breakdown for Week #41

Meat:  None

Fruit and Vegetables:  1 Head of Lettuce - $.88, 3 Avocados at $.88 each

Dairy:  3 Gallons of Milk - $3.73 each

Misc.:  1 Bottle of Catalina Dressing - Free



How Much Did I Spend For Weeks #42?

I spent a little more this week, but not much - $22.26.  This brings my total spent on groceries for the past 42 weeks to $1,894.40.  That is an average of a little over $45 per week.


Here is the breakdown for Week #42

Meat:  None

Fruit and Vegetables:  Bananas - $1.89

Dairy:  3 Gallons of Milk - $3.73 each

Misc.:  1 Brownie Mix - Free, 1 Loaf of Bread - Free, 24 Cans of Tomato Soup and 12 Cans of Creamed Corn (they were supposed to be $.37/can, but I never looked at my receipt until now and I am not sure how it happened, but they came to a bit more than $.25/can?)




Meals we had this week:

Breakfast:  Homemade GranolaHomemade Grape Nuts, Oatmeal, Malt-O-Meal, Waffles or Toast.

Dinner:  Leftovers from supper or Sandwiches from my Freshly Ground Whole Wheat Bread and Yogurt

Supper:  

Sunday - Kabobs (Baked not grilled - it was close to 20 below, I wasn't venturing outside.)

Monday - Nachos

Tuesday - Went to the movies for $5 plus free popcorn - got full on popcorn

Wednesday - Quiche, Potatoes and Banana Muffins

Thursday - Meatloaf, 3 Corn Casserole and Baked Potatoes

Friday - Nachos

Saturday - NDSU Bison party (They won!) and a late Christmas Party with my husband's employer.  So FULL!

Sunday - Leftovers

Monday - Spaghetti

Tuesday - Chili and Corn Bread

Wednesday - Chili Dogs

Thursday - Orange Chicken, Rice and Vegi

Friday - Pizza

Saturday - Leftovers



Desserts: 
Banana Muffins, Lemon Poppy Seed Bread, Brownies





No comments:

Post a Comment