Monday, January 20, 2014

$50 Per Week Grocery Challenge: Week #43


How Much Did I Spend For Weeks #43?

I spent a fair bit this week as not only did I shop at two different grocery stores, but I also purchased my supply of bulk spices from Azure.  I wait for Azure to have its sale on their spices and this year I bought 5 lbs some of which included cinnamon, garlic, and chili powder.  My total for this week was $73.15.  On a side note we finally were able to celebrate Christmas with my in-laws and spent the weekend away from home so I will not be recording those meals.


Here is the breakdown for Week #43

Meat:  3 Packages of Hot-dogs - $1.00 each, 5 Bags of Frozen Chicken Breasts (2.5 lbs each) - $3.88 each

Fruit and Vegetables:  3 lbs of Apples - $2.77, Salad Mix - Free, 3 lbs of Frozen Corn - $.77/lb

Dairy:  3 Gallons of Milk - $3.63 each, 3 8oz Packages of Italian Cheese Blend - $1.66 each

Misc.:  2 Boxes of Saltines - $.97 each, Spanish Rice Packet - Free, 5 lbs Spices (Cinnamon, 2lbs Chili Powder, Garlic and Minced Onion) - $28.86
(I also had $1 coupon to use at one of the grocery stores.)



Meals we had this week:

Breakfast:  Homemade GranolaHomemade Grape Nuts, Oatmeal, Malt-O-Meal, Waffles or Toast.

Dinner:  Leftovers from supper or Sandwiches from my Freshly Ground Whole Wheat Bread and Yogurt

Supper:  

Sunday - Leftovers

Monday - Pot Roast, Potatoes and Carrots

Tuesday - Pork Chops and Hash-browns

Wednesday - Spaghetti and Salad

Thursday - Sweet and Sour Chicken, Rice and Broccoli

Friday - On the road to Grandmas = McDonalds

Saturday -



Desserts: 
Pumpkin Bars




No comments:

Post a Comment