Monday, February 24, 2014

$50 Per Week Grocery Challenge: Week #48

How Much Did I Spend For Weeks #48?

I only went to one grocery store.  Our whole family has an extremely bad cold and so shopping was not a high priority for me.  I spent $23.37.

Here is the breakdown for Week #48

Meat:  None

Fruit and Vegetables:  3 Avocados - $.99 (I purchased 9 total), Apples $.98/ lb - $2.73, Celery - $.98, Cilantro - $.99, Cabbage - $1.54, 8 oz Mushrooms - $1.48

Dairy:  2 Gallons Milk - $3.97 each, Cottage Cheese - $2.78

Misc.:  2 Packages Tortillas- $.98 each



Meals we had this week:

Breakfast:  Homemade GranolaHomemade Grape Nuts, Oatmeal, Malt-O-Meal, Waffles or Toast.

Dinner:  Leftovers from supper or Sandwiches from my Freshly Ground Whole Wheat Bread and Yogurt

Supper:  

Sunday - Young Family Event at Church - Taco Bar

Monday - Spaghetti

Tuesday - Leftover night

Wednesday - Lasagna

Thursday - Breakfast for Supper :  We had Quiche

Friday - Quesadillas and fixings

Saturday - Take out pizza



Desserts: 

Chocolate Cake - probably one of the best homemade chocolate cakes ever.  Plus I made it with 100% whole wheat and it still was light an fluffy.  My husband thought it was a box mix. Frosted with a homemade chocolate frosting and I could't keep from eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment