Monday, March 17, 2014

$50 Per Week Grocery Challenge: Week #51

How Much Did I Spend For Weeks #51?

It was a slow week and I only spent $,30.17.  I desperately need hamburger (I am down to 3 lbs), but there were no sales.  I also found out my food allergies were much worse than I thought and I now have a list of foods a mile long I am not allowed to eat.  Luckily I grind my own wheat, we drink whole milk and I try to make as many items from scratch or I would really be up a creek.  I can't eat any fruit and this even includes olive oils and coconut oils along with many fruit based vitamins (Vitamin A Palmate found in all milks but whole) and I also am not to eat grains with potatoes.  And let me tell you potato starch is in everything!  It has been an interesting few days trying to figure out what I can and can't eat.  I can't even have baking powder or cream of tartar.  I guess my baked goods will come out of the oven a bit flat.


Here is the breakdown for Week #51

Meat:  None

Fruit and Vegetables:  Cabbage ($.33/lb) - $1.72, Shredded Lettuce - $.98, 4 lbs Frozen Vegis - $.85 each

Dairy:  2 Gallons Milk - $3.89 each, 3 8oz Packages Cheese - $1.33 each, Free Package Cheese, Coffee Creamer - $2.22

Misc.:  2 Boxes of Taco Shells - $.98 each, 1 Jar Taco Sauce - $.98 (free Kraft cheese with these 3 purchases), Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (8 pack) - Free, MJB Coffee - $5.55, Ramen Noodles - $2.22, Cereal - Free



Meals we had this week:

Breakfast:  Homemade GranolaHomemade Grape Nuts, Oatmeal, Malt-O-Meal, Waffles or Toast.

Dinner:  Leftovers from supper or Sandwiches from my Freshly Ground Whole Wheat Bread and Yogurt

Supper:  

Sunday - Leftovers

Monday - Bacon Ranch Casserole (I make my own Alfredo sauce and 1/2 the bacon since it is so expensive.  This is always a hit in our family - super yummy)

Tuesday - Breakfast for Supper :  We had Quiche

Wednesday - Supper at Church for Lent

Thursday - Seasoned Chicken, Twice Baked Potato (I didn't eat), Bread and Vegis

Friday - Corn Muffin and Hamburger Casserole

Saturday - Leftovers



Desserts: 
Strawberry Muffins (I increased the sugar by 1/2 cup and split it between white and brown sugar:  These were super yummy)

No comments:

Post a Comment